The emotion that owned by human being consists of two kinds. They are good and bad emotion. Good emotion usually fulfills someone’s life dominating with love, kindness etc. however, the people in bad emotion, his or her life will be dominated by hatred. This emotion commonly makes the people in trouble as well as in the big disappointment. Hatred in very bad to be owned. To get the clear understanding on hatred, Webster English language dictionary define :
Strong aversion detestion coupled with ill, either the simple emotion or emotional state of aversion abhorrence.
(Webster, 1974 : 1144)
From the quotation above can be said that hatred is the feeling of dislike to someone because of one or some, reason. The reasons can be caused by disapointed, betrayed etc.
The quotation above shows that hatred is the feeling of dislike to someone because of one or some reason. At least it can be said that hatred is a response towards someone’s bad behavior or attitude. Dealing with the analysis has taken hatred as the subject matter on this study.
The character’s behavior or attitude in the novel “Where there’s Smoke” written by Sandra Brown shows the way and the cause of hatred. The character’s behavior are being interesting to discuss as it may give us a good moral lesson in enduring the life.
1.2 Reasons for choosing the Topic
There are some reasons why the topic is chosen to be analyzed. There are as follows:
1. Hatred in interested to be analyzed as it often appears based on many factors and reasons dealing with the human being’s behavior.
2. Hatred influences someone’s behavior very much
3. Hatred which is found in the novel can contribute a very good moral aspect to run the daily life.
1.3 Purposes of the Analysis
The purpose of the analysis are as follows:
1. To analyze the min character’s hatred in the novel “Where there’s Smoke” by Sandra Brown’s.
2. To shows the affect of the hatred.
3. To prove the moral lesson that can be found in studying the main character’s hatred.